Family Start-up Grants
Start-up grants are available to anyone who receives their Family Child Care license. (Residential Certificate providers may not apply.) You can receive a reimbursement up to $350 for licensing costs by completing the following steps:
- Notify Care About Childcare of your intent to license.
- Keep receipts for every cost for which you will be requesting reimbursement.
- Complete the Sharing the Caring class, an initial recruitment training for new family providers. Call CAC - USU to pre-register.
- Submit the Licensing Grant Reimbursement Request form, along with you receipts, to CAC - USU when you complete your licensing requirements. (This form will be sent to you.)
- Interested in the Family Start-up Grant? Let us know!
Family Provider PC Grants
A family child care provider who completes the Child Care Provider Coaching(PC) Program will be eligible for a PC Grant. You will be awarded the PC Grant by completing the following steps:
- Participation in and completion of the PC program which includes 20-30 hours of onsite TA/coaching (20 hour minimum).
- Complete 10 hours of formal Care About Childcare Career Ladder training and/or individualized homework assignments.
- Develop a Quality Improvement Plan with the PC (Program Coach) to assist in individualized services that may include; health and safety issues, developmental learning activities, environment, professional-business practices and/or provider-child interactions.
- Complete the PC order form and evaluation survey to receive materials and equipment for your child care. (Your Program Coach will provide these forms).
- Interested in the Provider Coaching Program? Give us a call!
Other Available Funding
View the list of grants that are offered and currently available through the Office of Child Care.